So you want to own a pool but you are worried about the negative impacts that it may have on the environment. Normal pool supplies can be harsh and very toxic to the planet if they get accidentally released in high levels. Traditional pool pumps burn a lot of energy which is never good for the environment. This can cause many people who are concerned for the planet to decide not to put a pool on their property. But that does not have to be the case. Thanks to many Eco-friendly pool products that are on the market today, those who love the planet can now safely enjoy owning a pool. Today, we are going to learn about a few of these Eco-friendly products that you can use to keep your pool sparkling clean.
Top Five Ways To Make Your Pool Eco-friendly
1. Get a high-efficiency pump– By installing a high-efficiency pump to circulate the water in your pool, you will save both the environment and your money at the same time. This is a great way to enjoy a pool for a fraction of the money.
2. Utilize solar heating– If you plan on heating your pool, why not let the sun do it for you? When you install a solar heating system in your pool, it will generate heat with the power of the sun and you can not get more Eco-friendly than that.
3. Salt generators– A great way to replace high levels of chlorine in your pool is by using a salt generator to sanitize the water. This system works by allowing salt that is added to the pool to pass a set of electrodes that zap the salt which adds just enough chlorine to the water to keep it safe to swim in. This eliminates the need for dangerous chlorine tablets.
4. Crab shell byproducts– A pool clarifier made from byproducts of crab shells will naturally keep pool water clear and beautiful. There are quite a few different brands on the market that you can choose from.
5. UV lighting systems– UV lighting systems can be installed around your pool which will kill any harmful bacteria that might cause your water to become dirty. This is a very affordable way to make your pool Eco-friendly and it will also save you money because you no longer have to buy chemicals.