Whether you have always wanted a pool or are just looking for a new way to renovate your backyard space, pools seem to be the popular option. Over the last few years, pool installation has increased. More and more people want to get swimming pools in the yard for investment purposes, for family fun, or just because it gives a new vibe to the yard.
More and More People are Getting Pools Installed
There are a number of reasons why people want pools:
- Swimming is a great way to exercise and stay in shape. When the pool is in your backyard, you don’t have to worry about driving to the gym or the local community pool. You can fit a daily swim in around your schedule. It is also a great way for kids to exercise, get fresh air, and even boost their confidence in the pool.
- Playing or swimming in a pool is the perfect stress reliever. Studies have shown that swimming reduces stress and improves your mood. A daily swim after work can relax you just as well as a massage and with less tension in your life; you also lengthen your lifespan.
- Pools make great additions to any backyard and are the perfect setting for summer barbecues and birthday parties. Kids parties during the day and a relaxing spot to hang out with your friends in the evening, a pool is an entertainment venue for everyone.
- Having a pool also encourages family time. Schedules are hectic with work, school and other commitments, and finding time to spend together as a family can be difficult. Instead of having to arrange an outing and coordinate schedules, a simple afternoon swims in the pool will bring the family together.
- Having a pool adds value to your home and saves you money. Rather than spending cash every week for outings to the community pool, the pool in your yard is a more efficient and cheaper retreat.
- A pool in your yard provides privacy and you don’t have to share it with strangers. Community pools may not be your favorite especially if you are uncomfortable around others. Swim in peace in the comfort of your own backyard and enjoy hours of uninterrupted pleasure.
In the last year, alone plans for pool installation have increased by 40%, showing the escalated interest in pool ownership. Outdoor remodeling is the fastest growing sector of home improvement with over 41 percent of homeowners having pools installed along with other modifications to their outdoor spacing. With so many people looking to get pools, you may want to act fast so your house isn’t the only one on the block without one.