Watching a baby or toddler can be nerve-wracking because they are curious and they can get just about anywhere. If you have a pool, it is important to install safety measures to prevent them from exploring the pool area. Accidental drowning is one of the leading causes of death among children but this can be prevented with baby fences and gates.
Baby Proofing Your Pool
Children seem to have a desire to always go where they are not supposed to and this includes a pool as well as other potentially dangerous areas of the home or yard. Baby-proofing your space is the best way to protect your curious child and there are several things you can do to ensure this happens.
- Fences with gates are ideal for around your pool and other parts of the yard that may be dangerous. Mesh fences are the best because they cannot be climbed or easily knocked over. Be sure to install a self-closing and self-latching gate so that it remains secure at all times.
- Fences are also a good ideal indoors to block cabinets that may be full of harmful chemicals of cleaning products. Install child-proof locking systems on all doors that you do not want them opening too.
- The additional use of gate alarms on pools or in other areas of the year can give you an indication that your child is somewhere they should not be.
- Pool nets are also a great idea. They span the entire pool and can be sued for any shape pool. The sides are anchored down so even if your child falls into the water, they will not drown.
- It is also important to always keep flotation devices near the pool and on your child at all times. If they are outdoors and the pool is in use by others, make sure they are wearing the proper devices in case they get in the water.
You cannot take your eyes of babies, toddlers or children for a second. They are faster than you think and very curious little creatures. Baby-proofing the inside of your home as well as the yard is a must to keep your child safe. Pool safety is also a top priority to prevent accidents and death. Reach out to us today and we can help you get your home safe for the baby and make sure your pool is baby-proofed too.